how does flying affect skin
Incorporating an in-flight skin care routine can help elevate some of the stress your skin goes through while flying.
- Flying not only takes a toll on your body, it can also wreak havoc on your skin
- Remove makeup before a long-haul flight
- Spritz your skin with a toner to keep it hydrated and refreshed
- Apply heavy-duty moisturizer before naptime
- Pack an eye-cream to brighten up your eye area
- Drink plenty of water!
Imagine this scenario: zero humidity, recycled air, chemicals galore and fluctuating temperatures. You're strapped to your seat with your knees somewhere near your ears. Your hands are puffy from fluid retention and your joints are stiff from the lack of moving space. Sound familiar?
Flying not only takes a toll on your body, it can also wreak havoc on your skin; the unnatural pressurized environment of a plane sucks moisture out of skin, leaving your skin dehydrated.
Incorporating an in-flight skin care routine can help elevate some of the stress your skin goes through, so jet-setters get ready to take notes!
- Remove your make-up if you’re flying long-haul. You wouldn’t sleep with make-up on, so make sure to cleanse your skin before you settle in for your flight. We love UltraCalming Cleanser to get this job done. Tiny bathrooms and water need not apply! Stay in your seat with this gel/cream cleanser that requires only a tissue for removal (and a little elbow room).
- Spritz your skin with your favorite toner every now and then to keep it hydrated and refreshed throughout the flight (careful not to mist your neighbor).
- Pack a heavy-duty moisturizer like Intensive Moisture Balance to keep your skin comfortable while you fly. Slather on a liberal amount before nap-time to keep your skin moisturized and plump before landing. If you plan on applying make-up just before the planes hit the tarmac, this step will also prep your skin for a flawless finish.
- Your eyes can get a little puffy from the lack of quality sleep, so slide on a soothing eye-cream like Stress Positive Eye Lift or Biolumin-C Eye Serum to brighten up your peepers before landing.
Don't forget to stay hydrated throughout the flight. Remember that a little water goes along way. Save the alcohol for your vacation destination and opt instead for water in-flight!